Last week the hubby came home with the Dream Sheet. One sheet of paper that decides where we go next let’s us think we get a say where we go. It’s the most scary sheet of paper I’ve seen in a while and all that’s on it is names of sub bases. You rank the bases from your least desirable to your most. The Navy uses it when they place you at the next duty station. We’ve been talking about where we want to go since, well, forever. First we wanted Kings Bay, GA to stay close to our respective homes. Then we thought about going crazy and picking Hawaii. I mean really, how often will someone pay for you to move to vacationland? We had finally decided on an order, but then the sheet really arrived and it was a whole new game. East coast or west coast? Tropical or cold? I asked Millie if she wanted to stay up north…
The worst part is, everyone has an opinion and everyone’s opinion is different. At any rate, it is very exciting to know that we are about to pack up and head somewhere new. And by “about to move” I mean months from now, but there is a light at the end of the stuck-in-upstate-new york- tunnel. Where ever we end it, “Home is where the Navy sends us”.
Now let’s eat! I took some time this afternoon to make my favorite snack.
Peanut Butter and Cinnamon Granola Clumps
– – What You Need – –
Pam/ nonstick spray
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter (I use low fat)
2 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cut oats (I use instant oats because they make little clumps of granola)
– – What You Do – –
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Spray cookie sheet with Pam
3. Combine peanut butter and honey in a microwave safe bowl; microwave until melts (about 20 sec)
4. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla into peanut butter mix
5. Add oats and stir until coated in mixture. This works best when the mixture is still hot so work quickly!
6. Spread out on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes until granola is browned.
7. Let cool. enjoy and try to save some for later.
This is great in yogurt. This morning I enjoyed vanilla yogurt + peanut butter granola + sliced bananas and it was fantastic.
We are having crock pot chicken tacos for dinner. If it’s good, look out for the recipe tomorrow.