When we were tasked to bring a dessert to share at the monthly FRG (Family Readiness Group) I knew exactly what to bring.
Mouth watering starts now…
This cake/pudding mixture is one of my favorite desserts to make. Mostly because I can “sample” throughout the entire process (Calories from sampling don’t count!). Oh, and no cooking is involved so don’t even try to pre-heat your oven.
– – What You Need – –
2 frozen pound cakes
4 cups cool whip (I use sugar free)
2 packs vanilla instant pudding
4 cups milk (I used skim)
Fruit of choice (berries, peaches, pineapples, etc.)
[I used blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries in this cake]
– – What You Do – –
1. Pull out pound cake to thaw (I did this about an hour before I started so it was soft)
Let the layering begin!
6. Add one layer of pound cake to bottom of dish. As you add the pound cake, dip it in orange juice (quick dip, do not soak) – shh! This is the secret ingredient!
7. Cover pound cake layer with pudding mixture. Just enough to cover cake – take a spoon to spread.
8. Spread fruit over pudding mixture. I went pretty thick here because I like fruit and it was on sale this week.
11. Spread cool whip over the entire dish and top with fruit. Stick in fridge until you are ready to serve.
This is sure to be a crowd pleaser – unless they don’t like fruit. My husband always tells me it would be better without the fruit. Loser.