I always get excited when my little comment notification turns orange. I maintain that my blog is for me and people reading it is secondary. But who doesn’t like to know that someone actually enjoyed what they read? This week, I had a surprise sitting in my comment section from Strong Like My Coffee letting me know she nominated me for the Blog on Fire Award.
You should check out Kenzie over at Strong Like My Coffee. Her blog is full of goodies and her story is pretty inspirational too. Once nominated for this award, you are supposed to list 8 things about yourself as well as nominate other blogs on fire to keep the chain going. So, here it goes…
8 things about me:
1. I can eat an entire bag of Goldfish in one sitting.
2. I grew up with scoliosis, which was very embarrassing. I have now accepted it and want to spread knowledge on this condition that so many people don’t know about.
3. Due to my scoliosis, I have a fused spine. In addition to bone, I also have titanium rods and screws holding it all in place.
4. I’ve always loved moving. I moved every year in college and have already moved three times since. Probably because I love to organize and decorate. And I am an apartment dweller so I’m not tied down to a house.
5. I am a southern girl to the core, but I am currently displaced to the North. I can count the number of times I’ve seen snow on one hand. I’ve never driven in snow. This northern winter is going to be fun.
6. I would rather run than sit on the couch and watch TV. My husband is the exact opposite. I’m bad at “relaxing”.
7. To strangers, I am very shy. To my husband, I don’t shut up. A real treat when he gets home from work at 1 am and I’ve been waiting all day to talk to him.
8. I love to visit thrift stores, antique shops and yard sales. I’ve even got my husband into going. He is a yard sale snob though.
Here are blogs I would like to nominate for the Blog on Fire Award: