The hubby and I love hibachi. We go so often that we can’t even muster a fake “ha ha ha” at the cook’s jokes anymore. I’ve decided that there is a hibachi cook joke book floating around because down south and up north – jokes are all the same. From time to time, I will cook stir-fry at home. Only when I am in the serious mood and my husband has been extra nice to me. Cutting all of those vegetables and coordinating the rice, vegetables and chicken usually makes me overwhelmed. Hence, my easy – usually one step – meals. Last week we were both in the mood for stir-fry so I decided to increase my points for housewife of the year and just do it. And I wanted to use the wok we got as a wedding present. Then I realized I could cheat!
Behold, super easy chicken and vegetable stir-fry.
Bag of steam’able vegetables – Asian Mix
1. Cut up chicken into bite size pieces. Place in bowl with soy sauce.
2. Cook vegetables according to bag. I think it is about 6 minutes.
3. Place chicken into hot wok (or skillet) with small amount of olive oil. I fork out the chicken and discard the excess soy sauce. When chicken is almost done, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
4. Once vegetables are done, put rice in microwave to cook (90 seconds).
5. Add vegetables to chicken and coat with stir-fry sauce to your liking.
6. Add rice to bowls and top with vegetables and chicken mix.