This weekend I was nominated for the Liebster Award by a fellow blogger, Mommy Go Run. It is always an honor to be selected for blogger awards.
As I started typing the blog post, I started thinking about what the heck “Liebster” even meant. After some Google searches, I finally have a plausible answer. According to Dict.cc, a German to English dictionary, liebster means darling or beloved. So I think it is safe to say this award is for blogs you love. Thanks Mommy Go Run!
In accordance with the award, I am supposed to list 11 things about myself as well as answer 11 questions from Mommy Go Run.
11 things about me:
1. I love chocolate of all sorts, but pu-lease do not put peanuts in it. I can no longer enjoy it.
2. I worked for 1 year in HR prior to moving to NY with my husband.
3. We are moving at the end of the year… and still don’t know where we are going.
4. I would rather run a half marathon than a 5k. I don’t have the need for super speed.
5. I have spent every Christmas since birth at my granny’s house. This is likely the first year I will not wake up there on Christmas morning.
6. I had a spinal fusion in high school, so I have some hardware (metal rods) in my back.
7. I cannot do pilates to save my life.
8. I would rather wear gym clothes than real clothes most days.
9. My hair is wavy, but I straighten it almost every day.
10. I have an irrational fear of being kidnapped. Every car that slows down while I am running is about to kidnap me.
11. I am determined to run my first marathon shortly after we move to our next duty station.
11 questions to answer from Mommy Go Run:
- What is your favorite way to spend a Friday night?
I like low-key bars with friends. We found this great bar in NY that is all outdoors and usually has live music.
- Do you have any recipes that have been passed down from your grandma? What is it?
Christmas Eve Chicken casserole and banana pudding that my uncle and I fight over.
- Are you paying attention to the election this year?(you don’t have to say your pick)
Yes and no. I watch the Today show coverage while I get ready in the morning. Other than that, I don’t have much interest.
- Water park or amusement park?
Amusement park. My family used to travel the country going to ride roller coasters.
- Fancy hotel or camping?
Hotels of any kind. I do not ever want to go camping. I do not like bugs.
- Tennis shoes or dress shoes
Depends. Sometimes I like to dress up.
- What is your ideal career?
Non-profit event planning/marketing for a children’s hospital.
- Where is your dream vacation?
ITALY. Everyone in my entire family knows that if they ever go and don’t take me it’s over.
- Movies on the couch or a theater?
Movies on the couch.
- Death row last meal would be?
Granny’s banana pudding in gross amounts.
- What is one thing that you could do to make the world a nicer place to live?
Figure out a way to help organizations (like Make-a-Wish) help more children.
I’ll finish part two of this award in a little bit. I have a billion things to get done before my mom gets in town on Wednesday.