If you have read my blog for any period of time, you will know I love my crock pot. Have you seen the three pot ones at Costco? Think of how much food you could make at one time?!? I highly recommend it to anyone who likes to dump a bunch of stuff into a pot, wait a few hours and have a delicious meal when they open the top. Plus, the crock pot decreases your chances of messing something up. Unless you add chicken and apple sauce – that didn’t turn out so good. Chinese was ordered. This recipe started as a well, these vegetables look good and oh, I have some onion that is about to go bad. In my opinion, it is one of my best meals and it is a great hearty, hot meal. Did I mention that you don’t have to measure anything?
:: Ingredients ::
Red potatoes. I cut the big ones in half
Onion, diced into large chunks
Italian Seasoning and/or herb packet
Italian dressing (whole bottle)
:: Method ::
1. Cover bottom of pot in Italian dressing (not a ton, just enough to cover)
2. Add in chicken. Make sure the spread out so everything is touching the pot.
3. Add more dressing.
5. Add in potatoes, carrots, onion, green beans.
6. Sprinkle more Italian seasoning.
7. Dump the rest of the Italian dressing over everything. You must use the entire bottle. The first time I made this, I only used about 1/2 the bottle and the chicken was dry.
Cook on high for about 4 hours.