Seriously, this year is flying. The older I get, I feel like this is a reoccurring theme in life. Time starts going faster and faster and at the end of the day I am left thinking – did I get anything productive done today?
I’ve decided to start making goals for each month and reviewing the progress at the month’s end. Goals have always been important to me and I feel like I have started forgetting that I am actually getting stuff done. AKA: I think I am losing it.
For example: For the past few days, I’ve been on a quest to find one more race to do before we move. My IT Band has been seriously acting up, by hitting my goal of 5 races this year was more important. (Runner priorities at its finest) It wasn’t until I was trying to explain to my hubby why I liked racing so much that it hit me. I did do 5 races this year… and set several PR’s.
- Daniel Island 5k (which I set a new PR 21:49) back in March.
- Cooper River Bridge Run 10k with my best friend, Shelley, in April.
- Firecracker 4 in July. (PR I guess because I’ve never done a 4 mile race)
- Camp Chingachgook Half in August
- Saratoga Palio Half in September (also a PR 1:48)
So my pity party was completely unnecessary… and I realized that I need to start keeping better track of my goals.
:: Ashleigh’s October Goals ::
- Run 40 miles
- Complete 3 different types of group exercise classes
- Get organized for the move (put together binder, have packing game plan, research housing and jobs)
- Have book 1 (of 2) complete for my group exercise instructor exam
- Take my CPR certification class
Boomer’s goal is to graduate from puppy school top of his class. I don’t have the heart to tell him there is only one other person in his class and she is a much better LLW (puppy school code for loose leash walking).
The hubby takes his comprehensive exam in a few weeks, so I will set a goal for him too. PASS THAT $%&# TEST so we can move to the next phase of Navy life!
And I guess Millie needs a goal too since the rest of the family does. Millie would like to remain the princess of the house and figure out a better game plan to protect her food from Boomer.
Do you set monthly goals? What are your goals for October?