Guys. We have a problem. What are we going to do with my car when we move? Here is our issue:
- I don’t feel comfortable driving in the snow and/or ice.
- We don’t want to spend the money to drive two cars 3,000 miles.
- We aren’t sure if we can be a one car family.
- We can’t exactly afford a car payment (my current car is paid off).
- We don’t want to pay $2,000 to ship a car that we were planning on selling soon.
We have been talking about getting me a new car once I get a job. However, that was when we thought we were going to end up in VA or GA, which I would drive my car down and keep it until I could afford a car payment. Now that we are talking a cross-country move, everything changes. Do we put the money into the car so it could drive cross-country? Premium gas does get pricey though and I don’t want to drive
alone with Millie as my co-pilot. Do we pay to ship the car and then sell it a few months later (or sooner if I get a job right away)? Do we sell the car here and become a one car family for a little while? Do we sell the car and take on a second car payment once we get out there?
Talk about first world problems.
At this point, we are taking any advice or suggestions because I would honestly rather decide what color to paint my nails.
I told the hubby I would love him forever and ever if this was out in our drive way with a pretty red bow… with never-ending gas gift cards.
We need to figure this out soon because moving day (still TBD) is quickly approaching.